- "Strategic Enrollment Management: The Ethical Debate" plenary presentation for American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers' (AACRAO) Strategic Enrollment Management Conference, November 18, 2008.
- "Public/private Collaboration in Sending Signals" plenary speech for Association of General Contractors Education Foundation celebratory dinner, October 30, 2008.
- "Confidence Counts: Clearing the Path to College" presentation at Whitman High School, October 23, 2008.
- "Beyond Ranking: Calming the School & College Admissions Frenzy" presentations for Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools, October 22, 2008.
- "Confidence Counts: Clearing the Path to College" presentation at College Preparatory Center of Rhode Island, October 21, 2008.
- "Building a National System of Guidance and Information" workshop and panel sessions at 2008 NACAC annual meeting, September 25-27, 2008.
- "Confidence Counts: Clearing the Path to College" presentation at Trinity Preparatory School, September 17, 2008.
- "Confidence Counts: Clearing the Path to College" presentation at Williston Northampton School Parent Weekend, April 26, 2008.
- "The Meaning of Success" Cum Laude speech at McDonough School, April 17, 2008.
- "Confidence Counts: Clearing the Path to College" presentation at The Bryn Mawr School, April 16, 2008.
- "The Roles of College Rankings"panel presentation for National Conference on Trusteeship by the Association of Governing Boards of Colleges and Universities, April 15, 2008.
- "A College Admission Workshop" held at Guilford College April 7, 2008. Sponsored by Greensboro Day School, American Hebrew Academy, New Garden Friends School and Guilford College.
- "The Rankings Challege" panel session at the annual conference of American Council on Education, February 11, 2008.
- "Leadership Beyond Rankings: Value-Driven Admission Opportunities" panel presentation at the Council for Independent Colleges (CIC) Presidential Leadership Conference, January 6, 2008.
- "Prospective Students: Who Are They? What Do They Expect From Us? Are We Ready to Serve Them Well?" panel workshop at the Council for Independent Colleges (CIC) Presidential Leadership Conference, January 5, 2008.
- "College Admissions: What are Students Learning?" research presentation at the 2007 National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) annual meeting, September 29, 2007.
- "School Heads' Role in Admission Reform" presentation for the National Association of Independent Schools' 2007 Institute for Experienced Heads, July 25, 2007.
- "College Admissions in the Public Interest" presentation for the 2007 Harvard Summer Institute on College Admissions, Harvard University, June 24, 2007.
- "Doing Well By Doing Good: The New Frontier of Law School Admissions" plenary speech for the 2007 Law School Admission Council annual meeting, June 1, 2007.
- "The Admissions Frenzy: Does Where You Go Affect Your Future?" presentation for Asking the Right Questions, Dispelling the Myths, the 2007 Education Writers Association annual meeting, May 5, 2007.
- "College Admissions: Out of Alignment?" panel session for The Future of Undergraduate Education: Who Goes? Who Pays? And What Should Students Learn? conference, Columbia University, April 13, 2007.
- "An Invitation to Think" feature presentation and workshops for college counselors and high school administrators at St. Joseph's College, March 21, 2007.
- "Mission-Driven Admissions: Doing Well By Doing Good" presentation at the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities Annual Meeting, February 4, 2007.
- "Ranksteering: Driving Under the Influence" panel presentation at the Council of Independent Colleges Presidents Institute, January 6, 2007
- College Admissions in the Public Trust: presentation at a meeting of the Consortium on Financing Higher Education (COFHE) deans, June 12 & 13, 2006.
- Enrollment Management in the Public Interest: keynote address at the Southwestern Ohio Council for Higher Education enrollment management conference, April 4 & 5, 2006.
- Professional Imperatives...Doing Well By Doing Good: speech delivered at the Council for Independent Colleges Presidential Leadership Conference, January 5 & 6, 2006.